This article will show you how you can migrate virtual machines from one host to another using the VCSA VSphere Web Client.
- Both hosts need to be managed in the same VSphere web client
- Power off your virtual machine that you will be migrating to a new host
- Log into your VSphere web client
- Navigate to Hosts and Clusters
- Right click the Virtual Machine you want to migrate and right click it and select “Migrate…”
- Select “Change both compute resource and storage” and then select “Select compute resource first” and then click “Next”
- Select your new host to migrate the Virtual Machine to and then press “Next”
- Select the storage for the Virtual Machine and then press “Next”
- Select the destination network and then press “Next”
- Confirm your settings and then press “Finish” to migrate the Virtual Machine to the new host
- Done! Let the migration finish, then when you log into the new host you can power on the migrated Virtual Machine.