This article will show you how to step by step migrate NPS from server 2008 R2 to a new Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Log into your old Server 2008 R2 server
- Launch Network Policy Server
- Right click NPS (Local) and select “Export Configuration”
- Save your exported NPS configuration
- Transfer the exported xml from the old NPS server to the new server and launch NPS
- Right click NPS (Local) and select Import Configuration
- Browse to your exported configuration xml file and click “Open”
- Press “Ok”
- Done! Be sure to properly decommission the old NPS server. If you were using NPS for things such as RADIUS for a SonicWall make sure to go into the SonicWall configuration and point it to the new NPS Server.